The CAATE has compiled frequently asked questions for students, professionals and post-professionals. Find answers to your questions below.

PROFESSIONAL FAQS - General Questions

No, there is nothing that needs to be submitted to the CAATE to notify a change in CEC.  You will need to make the changes in eAccreditation in relation to officials as well as faculty profiles. Additionally, Standards 16 and 17 (2012 Professional Standards) may need to be adjusted with regard to FTE and PD/CEC course load, if that changes with this transition.

Typically the institution will stipulate how many years student records should be kept.  The CAATE doesn’t require a certain time period, although it does state which records must be kept for students within your program (Standards 98-105, 2012 Professional Program Standards).  Programs should keep in mind their specific outcome measures and how those are measured.  For instance, if a program’s plan regarding a specific outcome states a specific timeframe for intended change or measurement, then the program would need to maintain student records for that time period to demonstrate plan effectiveness and outcome monitoring.